The CIW’s 10-day, 10-city “Now is the Time” tour around the Southeast is fast-approaching. The call to Publix and Wendy’s to commit to uphold farmworkers’ human rights by joining the Fair Food Program will grow even stronger with your continued support!
Join farmworkers for the culminating witness of the tour: a powerful 24-hour vigil outside of the Southgate Publix in Lakeland, Friday March 14 to Saturday, March 15, followed by a spirited march to the final rally in downtown Lakeland.
Friday, March 14:
2:00 pm – Beginning of 24-hour vigil in front of Southgate Publix (2515 S. Florida Ave.)
7:00 pm – Candlelight Witness
Saturday, March 15:
1:00 – Tour Grand Finale — closing of the vigil and three mile march to downtown Lakeland!
Register today to join farmworkers and allies in this powerful witness.
An action of this magnitude is only made possible through the collective efforts of many. Here are some vital ways you can support the “Now is the Time” tour!:
– Join the culminating witness side by side with farmworkers on March 14-15 — register here.
– Organize a caravan from your congregation or community and let us know about it.
– Donate to Interfaith Action to help cover the costs of the tour — from transportation, food, action materials, and much more.
– Contribute winter jackets, warm socks, and gloves for farmworkers to stay warm while calling on Wendy’s at its headquarters in chilly Ohio. Drop them off at Cornerstone United Methodist Church (8200 Immokalee Rd., Naples) or contact Claire here to coordinate pick up.
– Spread the word in your congregation to encourage others to join. Bulletin insert is available here and bulletin language below.
“Join the Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) and Fair Food supporters from across the country for the culmination of the CIW’s 10-day, 10-city “Now is the Time” Tour Finale in Lakeland on Friday & Saturday, March 14 & 15 to continue calling on Publix to join the Fair Food Program. A 24-hour vigil begins at 2 pm on Friday, March 14 at the Southgate Publix (2515 S. Florida Ave., Lakeland) and farmworkers invite supporters to join for the grand finale at 1:00 pm on Saturday, March 15, when there will be a three-mile march to downtown Lakeland for the culminating rally. More information at www.ciw-online.org/nowisthetime, or email email@example.com with any questions.”
Check out the “Now is the Time” website more resources and details on each of the stops.
See you on the tour!